Origin of metabolize
Examples from the Web for metabolize
Contemporary Examples of metabolize
Some metabolize codeine quite poorly and have inadequate pain control as a result.Codeine Still Widely Prescribed to Kids Despite Decades-Old Warnings
April 24, 2014
Hormonal excesses in the blood require a clean and healthy liver to metabolize and excrete.Can Food Make You Infertile? Foods to Eat and Avoid
December 9, 2011
- to bring about or subject to metabolism
1887 (transitive), 1934 (intransitive), from Greek metabole "a change" (see metabolism) + -ize. Related: Metabolized; metabolizing.
- To subject to metabolism.
- To produce by metabolism.
- To undergo change by metabolism.
- To subject a substance to metabolism or produce a substance by metabolism.