- the technique or science of working or heating metals so as to give them certain desired shapes or properties.
- the technique or science of making and compounding alloys.
- the technique or science of separating metals from their ores.
Origin of metallurgy
Examples from the Web for metallurgical
Historical Examples of metallurgical
Bourges and Vierzon are metallurgical and engineering centres.
The metallurgical explanation of the twelve-hour day, however, is this.Steel
Charles Rumford Walker
From a metallurgical point of view all of these operations are roasting.
Their metallurgical gods and the tradition of Cadmus indicate this much.
We can outline the character of metallurgical appliances at various periods in a few words.
- the scientific study of the extraction, refining, alloying, and fabrication of metals and of their structure and properties
- The scientific study and technology of extracting metals from ores, refining them for use, and creating alloys and useful objects from them.