- the description or delineation of microscopic objects.
- examination or study with the microscope (opposed to macrography).
- the technique or practice of using the microscope.
- the art or practice of writing in very small characters.
Origin of micrography
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for micrography
Historical Examples of micrography
He is mentioned for his skill in micrography in Holinshed's Chronicle.
- the description, study, drawing, or photography of microscopic objects
- the technique of using a microscope
- the art or practice of writing in minute characters
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for micrography
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper