- average middle-class Americans as a group, as distinguished from the rich or poor or the politically extreme.
- the Midwest.
- continental North America S of the U.S., comprising Mexico, Central America, and usually the West Indies. 1,060,118 sq. mi. (2,745,705 sq. km).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to the territories between the US and South America or their inhabitants
- of or relating to the US middle class, esp those groups that are politically conservative
- a native or inhabitant of Middle America
- a member of the US middle class
- the territories between the US and South America: Mexico, Central America, Panama, and the Greater and Lesser Antilles
- the US middle class, esp those groups that are politically conservative
The interior regions of the United States, as distinguished from the East Coast and West Coast.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.