- a plant, Reseda odorata, common in gardens, having racemes of small, fragrant, greenish-white flowers with prominent orange anthers.
- a grayish green resembling the color of a reseda plant.
Origin of mignonette
Examples from the Web for mignonette
Historical Examples of mignonette
Her own room was on the shady side where pots of mignonette died within a week.L'Assommoir
From springtime until autumn the presbytery was redolent of mignonette.Balthasar
Hyacinth (aside, Fellar talks as if the animal were a pot of mignonette).Frank Fairlegh
Frank E. Smedley
She identified it with her pain, and years after the smell of mignonette was intolerable to her.We Two
This mignonette is the chief source of the perfume which fills my cell.The Basket of Flowers
Christoph von Schmid
- any of various mainly Mediterranean plants of the resedaceous genus Reseda, such as R. odorata (garden mignonette), that have spikes of small greenish-white flowers with prominent anthers
- a type of fine pillow lace
- of a greyish-green colour; reseda
- (as modifier)mignonette ribbons