- to study or collect the minerals of a region.
Also especially British, min·er·al·ise.
Origin of mineralize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- any of various gases dissolved in magma that affect the crystallization of igneous rocks and the formation of minerals when the magma cools
- an element, such as oxygen, that combines with a metal to form an ore
- to impregnate (organic matter, water, etc) with a mineral substance
- to convert (such matter) into a mineral; petrify
- (of gases, vapours, etc, in magma) to transform (a metal) into an ore