- a person or object that is delicate, dainty, or diminutive.
- a printing type (about 3½ point).
- delicate, dainty, or mincing.
Origin of minikin
Related Words for minikindiminutive, small, mini, dainty, insignificant, slight, teeny, miniature, microscopic, minuscule, puny, baby, pocket, Lilliputian, knee-high, little, toy, wee, petite, midget
Examples from the Web for minikin
Historical Examples of minikin
"Felt sure somehow that he'd take a liking to you," answered Minikin.
"Well, I should let her wait," replied Minikin, replacing his eye.
"No one like you quiet fellows for going it when you do begin," commented Minikin.
I explained that I had already put Minikin in possession of all the facts.
It is a very small bag, containing a yet smaller rolled-up housewife furnished with minikin needles and fine thread.Jane Austen, Her Life and Letters
William Austen-Leigh and Richard Arthur Austen-Leigh
- a small, dainty, or affected person or thing
- dainty, prim, or affected