DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
Origin of mod1
Words nearby mod
Definition for mod (2 of 5)
verb (used with object), mod·ded, mod·ding.
- to rewrite programming code in (a video game) in order to change the appearance or performance of the software: I modded the game to increase the field of vision.
- to modify (computer hardware), especially the physical appearance of the case: I want to mod my PC to include LED lights and custom paint.
Origin of mod2
Definition for mod (3 of 5)
Origin of mod3
Definition for mod (4 of 5)
Definition for mod (5 of 5)
Example sentences from the Web for mod
In a statement, the MoD admitted that it had been forced to cancel the rest of the training program.
A fascination with crafting (I still have Mod Podge in bodily crevasses).
The Zodiac mod vaporizer I admired behind the glass in BeyondVape is gorgeous, but it also costs $220.
There are stands for mod collections and add-ons to change the appearance or draw of regulated and advanced vaporizers.
Her presentation for her new Opening Ceremony collection featured girl bands, mod dresses—and lots of clogs.
It is true that we have now converted the o, into a, and write the word mad: but mod was anciently employed.Observations on Madness and Melancholy|John Haslam
The weak and strong forms are used in the same manner as in Mod.A Middle High German Primer|Joseph Wright
Gulf of Tunis), which is protected on the west by the promontory of Apollo (mod.
I think that in this, as probably in some other cases, st is only a phonetic form of ss, and that the Mod.The River-Names of Europe|Robert Ferguson
Stuhl, a stool; from the medieval Latin faldistolium is derived, through the old form faudesteuil, the Mod.
British Dictionary definitions for mod (1 of 5)
- a member of a group of teenagers in the mid-1960s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the rockers
- a member of a revived group of this type in the late 1970s and early 1980s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the skinheads
- (as modifier)a mod haircut