QUIZ TIME: TEST YOUR MEMORY OF THE MAY 2020 WORDS OF THE DAY
Origin of mod1
Words nearby mod
Definition for mods (2 of 3)
verb (used with object), mod·ded, mod·ding.
- to rewrite programming code in (a video game) in order to change the appearance or performance of the software: I modded the game to increase the field of vision.
- to modify (computer hardware), especially the physical appearance of the case: I want to mod my PC to include LED lights and custom paint.
Origin of mod2
Definition for mods (3 of 3)
Origin of mod3
Example sentences from the Web for mods
Dope smokers find e-cigarettes and high-tech ‘mods’ are great for smoking in public, with less fear from cops and bouncers.
Both comments were promptly deleted by moderators, or “mods,” without whom Suicide Watch would probably come apart at the seams.Reddit Enlists 10,000 Volunteers to Prevent Suicides … They Hope|Jesse Singal|March 8, 2012|DAILY BEAST
You don't have the punks and the mods, and all those groups.
But now, suddenly, they seemed near to him—nearer and more overpowering than the First in Mods had ever been.Zuleika Dobson|Max Beerbohm
My phone's memory had all kinds of private stuff on it: photos, emails, little hacks and mods I'd installed.Little Brother|Cory Doctorow
"I thought you were grinding for Mods," Michael reminded him, with a smile.Sinister Street, vol. 2|Compton Mackenzie
She had spent a year at Somerville, though she had gone down without trying for a place in either 'Mods.'The Talking Horse|F. Anstey
They had a couple of mods that were supposed to fit them better for the mission.The Trouble with Telstar|John Berryman
British Dictionary definitions for mods (1 of 5)
British Dictionary definitions for mods (2 of 5)
abbreviation for (in Britain)
British Dictionary definitions for mods (3 of 5)
- a member of a group of teenagers in the mid-1960s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the rockers
- a member of a revived group of this type in the late 1970s and early 1980s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the skinheads
- (as modifier)a mod haircut