- a mountain in SE France, near the Italian border: highest peak of the Alps, 15,781 feet (4810 meters).
Italian Monte Bianco.
[blahn for 1, 3; blangk for 2]
- Jean Jo·seph Charles Louis [zhahn zhaw-zef sharl lwee] /ʒɑ̃ ʒɔˈzɛf ʃarl lwi/, 1811–82, French socialist and historian.
- Mel(vin Jerome),1908–1989, U.S. voice actor for cartoon characters, as Woody Woodpecker and Daffy Duck, in films.
- Mont. Mont Blanc.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Mont Blanc See Mont Blanc
- Cape Blanc a headland in N Tunisia: the northernmost point of Africa
- Cape Blanc or Cape Blanco (ˈblæŋkəʊ) a peninsula in Mauritania, on the Atlantic coast
- (Jean Joseph Charles) Louis (lwi). 1811–82, French socialist and historian: author of L'Organisation du travail (1840), in which he advocated the establishment of cooperative workshops subsidized by the state
- a massif in SW Europe, mainly between France and Italy: the highest mountain in the Alps; beneath it is Mont Blanc Tunnel, 12 km (7.5 miles) long. Highest peak (in France): 4807 m (15 771 ft)Italian name: Monte Bianco (ˈmonte ˈbjaŋko)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
It is the highest peak in France and one of the highest in Europe.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.