[moo r, mawr, mohr]
- Archibald LeeArchie, 1913–1998, U.S. boxer.
- Brian,1921–1999, U.S. novelist.
- Clement Clarke,1779–1863, U.S. scholar and writer.
- Douglas Stuart,1893–1969, U.S. composer.
- E·li·a·kim Hastings [ih-lahy-uh-kim] /ɪˈlaɪ ə kɪm/, 1862–1932, U.S. mathematician.
- George,1852–1933, Irish novelist, critic, and dramatist.
- G(eorge) E(dward),1873–1958, English philosopher.
- Gerald,1899–1987, British pianist.
- Henry,1898–1986, English sculptor.
- Sir John,1761–1809, British general.
- John Bas·sett [bas-it, -et] /ˈbæs ɪt, -ɛt/, 1860–1947, U.S. jurist.
- Marianne (Craig),1887–1972, U.S. poet and critic.
- Stanford,1913–82, U.S. biochemist: Nobel Prize in chemistry 1972.
- Thomas,1779–1852, Irish poet.
- a city in central Oklahoma.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for moore
As far as finally being acknowledged herself with that elusive Academy gold, well, Moore says she would not take it for granted.
After signing on to the film, Moore enlisted the services of her 30 Rock costar Alec Baldwin to play her caring husband.
Truth be told, there is no one better at capturing the agony and alarm of a woman in the throes of a nervous breakdown than Moore.
“That explains why officers act that way, because they feel nothing will ever happen to them,” Moore said.Before Eric Garner, There Was Michael Stewart: The Tragic Story of the Real-Life Radio Raheem
December 4, 2014
Fallin has received high marks for her leadership after a tornado devastated the town of Moore.The Democrats’ Great Plains Firewall: Can Joe Dorman Take the Oklahoma Statehouse?
October 3, 2014
"Miss Moore," he said in a hesitating manner, taking off his hat as he spoke.The Foolish Lovers
St. John G. Ervine
After Mr. Moore leaves in the evening, and he often leaves early, anyone might come in here.The Film of Fear
Enright himse'f says Moore's entitled to a monyooment for the idee.
As the ponies flash by, Moore's six-shooter barks three times.
Did he want Moore to tell them that he was a capitalist found out and punished?The Prisoner
- Bobby. full name Robert Frederick Moore. 1941–93, British footballer captain of the England team that won the World Cup in 1966
- Dudley (Stuart John). 1935–2002, British actor, comedian, and musician noted for his comedy partnership (1960–73) with Peter Cook and such films as 10 (1979) and Arthur (1981)
- George. 1852–1933, Irish novelist. His works include Esther Waters (1894) and The Brook Kerith (1916)
- G (eorge) E (dward). 1873–1958, British philosopher, noted esp for his Principia Ethica (1903)
- Gerald. 1899–1987, British pianist, noted as an accompanist esp to lieder singers
- Henry. 1898–1986, British sculptor. His works are characterized by monumental organic forms and include the Madonna and Child (1943) at St Matthew's Church, Northampton
- Sir John. 1761–1809, British general; commander of the British army (1808–09) in the Peninsular War: killed at Corunna
- Marianne (Craig). 1887–1972, US poet: her works include Observations (1924) and Selected Poems (1935)
- Thomas. 1779–1852, Irish poet, best known for Irish Melodies (1807–34)
- another name for Mossi
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Moore(mur, môr)Stanford 1913-1982
- American biochemist. He shared a 1972 Nobel Prize for pioneering studies of the enzyme ribonuclease.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.