- the development of structural features of an organism or part.
Origin of morphogenesis
Examples from the Web for morphogenesis
Historical Examples of morphogenesis
Now there are different branches of the physiology of morphogenesis or physiology of form.
Therefore the elementary functions of the organism may properly be called the internal means of morphogenesis.
We therefore make no claim to offer a complete system of the internal elementary means of morphogenesis.
But, first of all, let us observe that the elementary means of morphogenesis are far from being morphogenesis themselves.
All means of morphogenesis are only to be considered as the most general frame of events within which morphogenesis occurs.
- the development of form and structure in an organism during its growth from embryo to adult
- the evolutionary development of form in an organism or part of an organism
- Differentiation of cells and tissues in the early embryo which results in establishing the form and structure of the various organs and parts of the body.
- Formation of the structure of an organism or part involving differentiation and growth of tissues and organs during development.