- the development of structural features of an organism or part.
Origin of morphogenesis
Examples from the Web for morphogenetic
Historical Examples of morphogenetic
I have read, among other things, your monograph on the morphogenetic achievements of the original sulcate cell.The Goose Man
The sentiment intérieur is therefore the cause not only of instinctive action but also of all morphogenetic processes.Form and Function
E. S. (Edward Stuart) Russell
The hypothesis of the morphogenetic importance of protoplasm had thus been proved.
What we have described is not the only instance of our new type of morphogenetic systems.
The totality of the line of morphogenetic facts can easily be resolved into a great number of distinct processes.
- the development of form and structure in an organism during its growth from embryo to adult
- the evolutionary development of form in an organism or part of an organism
- Differentiation of cells and tissues in the early embryo which results in establishing the form and structure of the various organs and parts of the body.
- Formation of the structure of an organism or part involving differentiation and growth of tissues and organs during development.