- of or relating to monogenesis; monogenous.
- (of certain trematode worms) having only one generation in the life cycle, without an intermediate asexual generation.
Origin of monogenetic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for monogenetic
Historical Examples of monogenetic
- of, relating to, or showing monogenesis
- of or relating to parasitic animals, such as some flukes, that complete their life cycle on only one host
- (of rocks and rock formations) formed from one source or by one process
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012