- the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet (M, μ).
- the consonant sound represented by this letter.
- micron(def 1).
Origin of mu
- a legendary lost continent supposed to have sunk into the SW Pacific Ocean at about the same time that Atlantis disappeared into the Atlantic Ocean.
Examples from the Web for mu
Contemporary Examples of mu
Among them: Mu Sochua, a Cambodian parliamentarian with a searing life story.An Affair to Remember: Diane von Furstenberg Toasts Worldly Women
June 8, 2012
Historical Examples of mu
It is the universal belief that prophets work miracles, (mu'jizt).
All the sects except the Shfa'tes hold that the Mu'takif must fast.
For, by the 12 e vij, as om is to ma: so is el to la: And as ma is to mu; so is la, to li.The Way To Geometry
And goeth from Epsilon down to Mu: the reference is to some numbering on the parchment.Introduction to Robert Browning
All errors, including the use of mu for nu, are in the original.Printers' Marks
- the 12th letter in the Greek alphabet (Μ, μ), a consonant, transliterated as m
- Musicians' Union
- The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Of, relating to, or being a polypeptide chain that is one of five types of heavy chains present in immunoglobins.
- Mache unit