- the branch of biology dealing with fungi.
- the fungi found in an area.
Origin of mycology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for mycology
I had no literature on mycology, and, at that time, there seemed to be little obtainable.
It seems to me that every school teacher should know something of mycology.
I dont have time, you see, and just now Im most interested in mycology, Harmon.
Not as a life-work, you understand, but Know anything about mycology?
This suggestion merits place only as a curiosity in the history of the mycology of dysentery.
- the branch of biology concerned with the study of fungi
- the fungi of a particular region
Word Origin and History for mycology
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The branch of science dealing with the study of fungi.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The scientific study of fungi.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.