- a member of an extinct North American Indian people who inhabited Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
- the Algonquian language of the Nanticoke.
- a member of a group of people of southern Delaware of mixed white, black, and Indian ancestry.
- a city in SE Ontario, in S Canada, on Lake Erie.
- a city in E Pennsylvania.
Examples from the Web for nanticoke
Historical Examples of nanticoke
The Master ceased speaking, and the Nanticoke did as he was bid.Traditions of the North American Indians, Vol. 2 (of 3)
James Athearn Jones
Look thar at the waters of the Nanticoke, beautiful as silver.
He's had the tide agin him since he entered the Nanticoke, and it's not turned yit.
By the light of the cabin lamp, that night, the yachtsmen aboard the Mollie studied the Nanticoke river on their chart.Jack Harvey's Adventures
Ruel Perley Smith
The Nanticoke hesitated to accept the obliging offer, alleging that the wife was so very small, and had four legs.Curiosities of Olden Times