- beginning to exist or develop: That nascent republic is holding its first election this month.
- Chemistry. (of an element) in the nascent state.
Origin of nascent
Related Words for nascencyorigin, commencement, nascence, dawning, opening, spring, rise, outset, genesis, onset, start, source, inception, dawn, beginning, emergence, fountainhead
Examples from the Web for nascency
Historical Examples of nascency
For one truth-process completed there are a million in our lives that function in this state of nascency.Pragmatism
- starting to grow or develop; being born
- chem (of an element or simple compound, esp hydrogen) created within the reaction medium in the atomic form and having a high activity
Word Origin for nascent
1620s, from Latin nascentem (nominative nascens) "arising young, immature," present participle of nasci "to be born" (Old Latin gnasci; see genus). Related: Nascence (1560s); nascency.
- Coming into existence; emerging.
- Of or relating to the state of a chemical element at the moment it is set free from one of its compounds.