- Stock Exchange. (especially of bonds) next day (delivery).
- North Dakota (approved especially for use with zip code).
- North Dakota.
- no date.
Examples from the Web for nd
Contemporary Examples of nd
ND: I think I was always achievement-oriented—I worked hard for good grades in grammar school and high school.
ND: In my very junior days, I was one of the few women pitching for a New York bank in Texas.
"We need to take advantage of this a[nd] write a statement saying he's right on," she wrote.14 Juiciest Palin Emails
The Daily Beast
June 13, 2011
Historical Examples of nd
It had been an open winter, 'nd there wuz fever all around us.
But it looked from the pome like she wuz dead 'nd that he loved her.
"Why, I've got the baby," says he; 'nd as he said it the tears come up into his eyes.
Lem wuz onto Dock's methods, 'nd he knew there wuz sumthin' ahead.
They looked, but they saw nuthin'; 'nd when they went to her she wuz dead.
- no date
N.D. or N. Dak.
- North Dakota
- The symbol for the elementneodymium
- The symbol for neodymium.
- A shiny, silvery metallic element of the lanthanide series. It is used to make glass for welders' goggles and purple glass for lasers. Atomic number 60; atomic weight 144.24; melting point 1,024°C; boiling point 3,027°C; specific gravity 6.80 or 7.004 (depending on allotropic form); valence 3. See Periodic Table.