- a list of persons who have died within a certain time.
- a notice of death; obituary.
Origin of necrology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a list of people recently dead
- a less common word for obituary
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for necrological
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The science of the collection, classification, and interpretation of mortality statistics.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.