- British Informal. donkey.
- Australian Slang. a horse.
Origin of neddy
Related Words for neddyhorse, burro, mule, donkey, jack, ass, pony, jackass, jenny, jennet, moke, neddy, maud
Examples from the Web for neddy
Historical Examples of neddy
I did not tell you what happened to me when I was in the city, Neddy.
No, Neddy, I did not punish the child, replied the former gravely.
I am no conceited body; no newspaper Neddy; no pothouse witty person.The Romany Rye
For Neddy soon began to follow his friend about, and to imitate everything that he did.
We took off the saddle and bridle, and invited Neddy to enter.
- a child's word for a donkey
- informal a silly person; fool
- Australian informal a horse, esp a racehorsehe lost his money on the neddies