- the immediate environment; surroundings; vicinityRelated adjective: vicinal
- a district where people live
- the people in a particular area; neighbours
- neighbourly feeling
- maths the set of all points whose distance from a given point is less than a specified value
- (modifier) of or for a neighbourhooda neighbourhood community worker
- in the neighbourhood of approximately (a given number)
Examples from the Web for neighbourhood
Contemporary Examples of neighbourhood
Historical Examples of neighbourhood
This may make a good depot if we require to stay long in this neighbourhood.
My former suspicions that Mr. Giles must have been in this neighbourhood were now confirmed.
How I wished I could have spent days, nay weeks, in the neighbourhood of the water-mill!In the Heart of Vosges
Sophy was unwell, was feverish; the scarlet fever had been in the neighbourhood.Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete
I knew not the house, but I knew the neighbourhood, a brother of mine lives at hand.Calderon The Courtier