- pertaining to Neptune or the sea.
- pertaining to the planet Neptune.
- (often lowercase) Geology. formed by the action of water.
Origin of Neptunian
Related Words for neptunianaquatic, naval, maritime, coastal, seagoing, saltwater, deep-sea, oceanic, shore, seashore, seafaring, sea, nautical, seaside, littoral, pelagic, abyssal, navigational, Neptunian, hydrographic
Examples from the Web for neptunian
Historical Examples of neptunian
There was nothing to do then but to join the Neptunian assault.The Secret of the Ninth Planet
Donald Allen Wollheim
Though the account is very interesting, I do not perceive its exact bearing on the Neptunian and Plutonian hypotheses.
This theory of Werner's was called the "Neptunian," and for many years enjoyed much popularity.A Manual of Elementary Geology
The rocks thus deposited were called Neptunian by the older geologists.The World Before the Deluge
This beautiful instrument afforded to its maker, October 10, 1846, a cursory view of a Neptunian attendant.A Popular History of Astronomy During the Nineteenth Century
Agnes M. (Agnes Mary) Clerke
- of or relating to the Roman god Neptune or the sea
- of, occurring on, or relating to the planet Neptune
- geology (of sedimentary rock formations such as dykes) formed under water