- the science of law or laws.
- the science of the laws of the mind.
Origin of nomology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to nomology
- stating or relating to a nonlogical necessity or law of nature. The difference between a nomological and a merely universal statement is that from the universal all As are Bs one cannot, but from the nomological all As must be Bs one can, infer the counterfactual if this were an A it would (have to) be a B
- the science of law and law-making
- the branch of science concerned with the formulation of laws explaining natural phenomena
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012