- a sociocultural classification of modern humans with darker pigmentation of the skin than is characteristic in people of European descent.
- a person who is not a member of the group in a society with lighter colored skin; a person of color.
- not belonging to the societal group marked by slight pigmentation of the skin and European descent: the nonwhite peoples of Africa and Asia; Both immigration and births contributed to nonwhite population growth in the most recent census.
- of or relating to nonwhite persons or peoples.
Origin of nonwhite
Examples from the Web for non-white
Contemporary Examples of non-white
Secondly, Republicans have to do better with non-white voters.How Old People Will Decide Your Future
October 17, 2014
About the disparities in outcomes for white and non-white Americans, particularly in the criminal justice system.When Activism Is Worse Than Apathy
October 6, 2014
According to a recent Pew Poll, white and non-white Millennials have distinct and divided takes on the role of government.
White Millennials preferred a smaller government, while non-white Millennials wanted the opposite.
But for Ritfeld, who grew up as the only non-white kid in his town, the tradition has always provoked uncomfortable feelings.Amsterdam’s Racist Black Pete Parade Under Fire
November 11, 2013
Historical Examples of non-white
The mass of mankind, white and non-white alike, remained oblivious to signs of change.
No white race-areas would have to be abandoned to non-white domination.
The tail is folded, and the white tips are covered by the two non-white centre feathers.An Australian Bird Book
John Albert Leach
In all the countries named, when a non-white creole is indicated the word negro is added.
- a person not of the Caucasoid or White race