- full of or containing poison: poisonous air; a poisonous substance.
- harmful; destructive: poisonous to animals; poisonous rumors.
- deeply malicious; malevolent: poisonous efforts.
Origin of poisonous
Related Words for nonpoisonoussecure, healthy, certain, reliable, harmless, dependable, pure, clear, sound, innocent, competent, innocuous, inoffensive, tame, trustworthy, wholesome, checked, innoxious, nonpoisonous, nontoxic
Examples from the Web for nonpoisonous
Historical Examples of nonpoisonous
(e) The poisonous portions are not distinguishable from the nonpoisonous, either macroscopically or microscopically.
Her second-stage rockets were also of the nonpoisonous variety, because she fired them at a bare 60,000 feet.Space Tug
Several species of nonpoisonous snakes were more common but were nowhere really abundant.Camps and Trails in China
Roy Chapman Andrews and Yvette Borup Andrews
- not having the effects or qualities of a poison
- having the effects or qualities of a poison
- capable of killing or inflicting injury; venomous
- corruptive or malicious
- Relating to or caused by a poison.