- not productive; unproductive.
- not worthwhile or beneficial; not leading to practical or beneficial results.
- not producing goods directly, as employees in charge of personnel or inspectors.
Origin of nonproductive
Related Words for nonproductivesterile, impotent, barren, drained, effete, exhausted, impoverished, unfruitful, unproductive, infecund, nonproductive, unbearing, fruitless, infertile
Examples from the Web for nonproductive
Historical Examples of nonproductive
Besides the overhead of slaves and nonproductive brewers, the establishment required the services of two coopers at 20 per year.The Cultural History of Marlborough, Virginia
C. Malcolm Watkins
They are classed as nonproductive workers, therefore their salary scales are lower than those for productive workers.Area Handbook for Bulgaria
Eugene K. Keefe, Violeta D. Baluyut, William Giloane, Anne K. Long, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
- (of workers) not directly responsible for producing goods
- having disappointing results; unproductive