- not able, conditioned, or constructed to withstand the effect of something, as a disease, a specific change in temperature, or harsh treatment; susceptible to damage or ill effects.
- not resistant; passively obedient.
- a person who does not resist force.
- a person who maintains that violence or established authority, even when tyrannical, should not be resisted by force.
Origin of nonresistant
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nonresistant
Garrison, known to all as a nonresistant, made it clear that his sympathies were with the government.Susan B. Anthony
- incapable of resisting something, such as a disease; susceptible
- history (esp in 17th-century England) practising passive obedience to royal authority even when its commands were unjust
- Not resistant, especially to a disease or environmental factor, such as heat or moisture.
- Submissively obedient.