- a garment, especially a coat, that can be worn with either side exposed.
Origin of reversible
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nonreversible
Historical Examples of nonreversible
The pendulums used were nonreversible, invariable pendulums with conical bobs.
- capable of being reverseda reversible decision
- capable of returning to an original condition
- chem physics capable of assuming or producing either of two possible states and changing from one to the othera reversible reaction
- thermodynamics (of a change, process, etc) occurring through a number of intermediate states that are all in thermodynamic equilibrium
- (of a fabric or garment) woven, printed, or finished so that either side may be used as the outer side
- a reversible garment, esp a coat
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper