- Charles Eliot,1827–1908, U.S. scholar.
- Thomas,1532–84, English author.
- a town in SE Massachusetts.
- a city in NE Ohio.
- a male given name: an Old English family name taken from a place-name meaning “north town.”
Examples from the Web for norton
Contemporary Examples of norton
As if suddenly remembering the purpose of this lunch, Norton adds brightly: “I feel very positive about the Vice show!”
“I dated someone for almost three years and we broke up two or three years ago,” Norton confides.
And yet, Norton says ruefully, “You know the old expression: ‘Wherever I went, there I was.’ ”
But nobody is more committed to brutally honest full-disclosure than Norton himself.
“This is his life,” said Norton Schwartz, a retired Air Force general who is a friend of Clapper.Spy Chief James Clapper: We Can’t Stop Another Snowden
February 24, 2014
Historical Examples of norton
I vindicated the good Mrs. Norton with a warmth that was due to her merit.Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9)
This, you remember, my dear, was an argument enforced upon me by Mrs. Norton.Clarissa, Volume 2 (of 9)
He then made a grateful proposal to me: 'that I would send for my Norton to attend me.'
I will do every thing for Mrs. Norton you wish to have done.
But there was no such thing as allowing of the presence of Mrs. Norton.
- Graham, real name Graham Walker . born 1963, Irish comedian and TV presenter noted for his camp humour