- the systematic classification of diseases.
- the knowledge of a disease.
Origin of nosology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nosology
But we have a remark 397to make on nosology, or the noses of the group.
Since then more correct views have prevailed, and the disease has now a recognized place in nosology.
A whole system of nosology exists in some minds due to an over-long prepuce.Psychotherapy
James J. Walsh
My mother saw this and called me a genius: my father wept for joy and presented me with a treatise on Nosology.The Works of Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Nosology, nos-ol′o-ji, n. the science of diseases: the branch of medicine which treats of the classification of diseases.
- the branch of medicine concerned with the classification of diseases
Word Origin and History for nosology
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The branch of medicine that deals with the classification of diseases.nosonomy nosotaxy
- A classification of diseases.