- a nuclear or thermonuclear weapon.
- a nuclear power plant or nuclear reactor.
- nuclear energy: to convert from coal to nuke.
- of or relating to a nuclear or thermonuclear weapon or to a nuclear plant.
- to attack, defeat, or destroy with or as if with nuclear weapons.
- Slang. to cook or bake in a microwave oven.
Origin of nuke
Related Words for nukedA-bomb, H-bomb, incinerate, bomb, annihilate, obliterate, kill, eliminate, destroy, brown, heat, bake, microwave, zap
Examples from the Web for nuked
Contemporary Examples of nuked
"You should have nuked him," Leno said, prompting Bush to giggle.W. Charms on the ‘Tonight’ Show
November 20, 2013
- to attack or destroy with nuclear weapons
- a nuclear bomb
- a military strike with nuclear weapons
- nuclear power
- mainly US a nuclear power plant
short for nuclear weapon, 1959, U.S. military slang (see nuclear). The verb is attested from 1962; the slang sense of "to cook in a microwave oven" is from 1987. Related: Nuked; nuking.