- of or relating to numbers; of the nature of a number.
- indicating a number: numerical symbols.
- bearing or designated by a number.
- expressed by numbers instead of letters: numerical cryptography; numerical equations.
- of or relating to one's skill at working with numbers, solving mathematical problems, etc.: tests for rating numerical aptitude.
- Mathematics. absolute(def 12).
Origin of numerical
Examples from the Web for numerically
Contemporary Examples of numerically
A numerically smaller portion is thriving, and a very small portion is really thriving.It's Not the Economy, Stupid!
August 10, 2011
Historical Examples of numerically
But we were numerically the stronger when it came to true leadership.
Numerically, you are about five hundred to one; physically, you look their equals.The Daltons, Volume II (of II)
Charles James Lever
The radial velocity is, numerically, greater than could have been supposed.Lectures on Stellar Statistics
Carl Vilhelm Ludvig Charlier
Unfortunately, the Americans who compose this "set" are numerically weak.As A Chinaman Saw Us
Why was the Russian fleet, numerically superior to that of Japan, divided?The Story of Russia
R. Van Bergen, M.A.