- abounding in or producing nuts.
- nutlike, especially in flavor.
- silly or ridiculous: a nutty suggestion.
- eccentric; queer.
- very or excessively interested, excited, or the like: He's nutty about Mexican food.
- full of flavor or zest; lively; stimulating; meaty: He offered several rich, nutty ideas on the subject.
Origin of nutty
Related Words for nuttinessmadness, silliness, absurdity, nonsense, insanity, idiocy, lunacy, nuttiness, senselessness, imbecility, tomfoolery, foolery, flakiness, wackiness, zaniness
Examples from the Web for nuttiness
Contemporary Examples of nuttiness
If you read me regularly, you know that I'm not exactly shy about discussing Republican extremism, the nuttiness of the base, etc.Frankenstein
July 31, 2013
That narrative is nuts, but unless you signal that you share the nuttiness, your campaign goes the way of Jon Huntsman's.Romney: A Skeptic, Not a Liar
January 26, 2012
Historical Examples of nuttiness
Ha—yes—now your Lordship mentions it, there's a sort of nuttiness about it.
- containing or abounding in nuts
- resembling nuts, esp in taste
- a slang word for insane
- (foll by over or about) informal extremely fond (of) or enthusiastic (about)