- abounding in or producing nuts.
- nutlike, especially in flavor.
- silly or ridiculous: a nutty suggestion.
- eccentric; queer.
- very or excessively interested, excited, or the like: He's nutty about Mexican food.
- full of flavor or zest; lively; stimulating; meaty: He offered several rich, nutty ideas on the subject.
Origin of nutty
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nutty
The Hakushu 12 was a little peaty and nutty, the kind of dram I want to unwind with after a fine restaurant meal.Watch Out, Scotland! Japanese Whisky Is on the Rise
November 16, 2014
The buttery, nutty, and sweet and salty all work together to form a balance of flavors.The Cronut Gives Way to the Penis Pretzel
August 7, 2014
And so almost everything in Noah, as nutty as it might seem, has its roots in the actual text of the Bible.‘Noah’ Review: An Ambitious, Flawed Biblical Tale That You Have to See
March 28, 2014
But what was considered extreme and nutty then is standard operating procedure today.The Fight Over Unemployment Benefits Underscores the Right’s Extremism
January 13, 2014
There he began shifting not so much toward the right end of the political spectrum as the nutty one.Sen. Bob Smith: The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave
December 4, 2013
This plant is especially sweet and nutty to the taste when young and unwilted.
Odor somewhat of old meal and nutty, not pleasant; taste similar.
Nutty jumped off a while ago, 'cause he was afraid he'd be arrested.Bunny Brown and His Sister Sue in the Sunny South
Laura Lee Hope
Well, I think you're nutty; it's the cheesiest gang in College.Stanford Stories
Charles K. Field
After that we were sort of friends, me and old ‘Nutty,’ as everyone called him.Killykinick
Mary T. Waggaman
- containing or abounding in nuts
- resembling nuts, esp in taste
- a slang word for insane
- (foll by over or about) informal extremely fond (of) or enthusiastic (about)
Word Origin and History for nutty
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper