- a person to whom another is obligated or bound.
- a person to whom a bond is given.
- a person who is under obligation for a favor, service, or benefit.
Origin of obligee
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for obligee
Historical Examples of obligee
An obligee of a common money bond can, since the date of the Judicature Act, obtain summary judgment under O. xiv.
Such a bond, if the obligee has exacted unconscionable terms, may be set aside.
- a person in whose favour an obligation, contract, or bond is created; creditor
- a person who receives a bond
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper