[awf-see-zuh n, of-]
- a time of year other than the regular or busiest one for a specific activity: Fares are lower in the off-season.
- a time of year when business, manufacturing activity, etc., is less than normal or at an unusually low point.
- of, relating to, or during the off-season: off-season hotel rates.
- in or during the off-season: Traveling off-season is the easiest way to save vacation money.
Origin of off-season
First recorded in 1840–50
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- denoting or occurring during a period of little activity in a trade or business
- such a period
- in an off-season period
Word Origin and History for off season
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper