- a diagonal vaulting rib.
- a pointed arch.
- Statistics. the distribution curve of a frequency distribution.
- Rocketry. the curved nose of a missile or rocket.
Origin of ogive
Examples from the Web for ogive
Historical Examples of ogive
The ogive windows had all been walled in with brick except one.The Red and the Black
The ogive arch of the nave compels you to raise your eyes to a great height.King of Camargue
Each of the subterranean cells contains a row of pillars, surmounted by ogive arches.The Spell of Switzerland
Nathan Haskell Dole
The glass of the rosace above the ogive glowed like fiery coal in the deep carvings of a wheel of stone.End of the Tether
The ogive, though it is present, does not illumine the long low weight of the great church.The Old Road
- a diagonal rib or groin of a Gothic vault
- another name for lancet arch
- statistics a graph the ordinates of which represent cumulative frequencies of the values indicated by the corresponding abscissas
- the conical head of a missile or rocket that protects the payload during its passage through the atmosphere