- a province in S Canada, bordering on the Great Lakes. 412,582 sq. mi. (1,068,585 sq. km). Capital: Toronto.
- Lake, a lake between the NE United States and S Canada, between New York and Ontario province: the smallest of the Great Lakes. 193 miles (310 km) long; 7540 sq. mi. (19,530 sq. km).
- a city in SW California, E of Los Angeles.
Examples from the Web for ontario
Contemporary Examples of ontario
The sales rep said he gave Harris screws to take back to the FDA district office in Ontario, California.Patients Screwed in Spine Surgery ‘Scam’
The Center for Investigative Reporting
November 3, 2014
She jumped bail to Canada, with more than $1 million in cash and diamonds, and settled in Hamilton, Ontario.Meet 'The Queen of Thieves' Marm Mandelbaum, New York City's First Mob Boss
J. North Conway
September 7, 2014
Emily Rushton, an escort in her 30s who tours both cities and smaller towns around Ontario, explains that region is a factor, too.The Importance of Adult Classifieds
September 6, 2014
“I can throw a golf ball that far,” one dad told The Ontario Star.Colorado Man Buys Former Prison, Hoping to Transform It Into a Pot Factory
July 31, 2014
A caravan from Windsor, Ontario across the river recently delivered a couple of hundred gallons to needy customers.Detroit Shuts Off Water to Residents but Not to Businesses Who Owe Millions
Mary M. Chapman
July 26, 2014
Historical Examples of ontario
His mother, who is also living, was born in the county of Ontario, Canada West.Cleveland Past and Present
Seen something quite like it in Ontario; I guess it can be done.The Greater Power
“Mr. Brenchfield is an Ontario man,” put in Eileen innocently.The Spoilers of the Valley
Throughout Quebec and Ontario to the base of the Rocky mountains.Handbook of the Trees of New England
Lorin Low Dame
The goods might be billed for Ontario; Quebec collected the tax.Canada: the Empire of the North
Agnes C. Laut
- a province of central Canada: lies mostly on the Canadian Shield and contains the fertile plain of the lower Great Lakes and the St Lawrence River, one of the world's leading industrial areas; the second largest and the most populous province. Capital: Toronto. Pop: 12 392 721 (2004 est). Area: 891 198 sq km (344 092 sq miles)Abbreviation: Ont., ON
- Lake Ontario a lake between the US and Canada, bordering on New York State and Ontario province: the smallest of the Great Lakes; linked with Lake Erie by the Niagara River and Welland Canal; drained by the St Lawrence. Area: 19 684 sq km (7600 sq miles)
from Mohawk (Iroquoian) ontari:io "beautiful lake" or "great lake," from /-qtar-/ "lake, river." Related: Ontarian.