- to put into a form suitable for acting on a stage.
- to express or represent vividly, emotionally, or strikingly: He dramatizes his woes with sobs and sighs.
- to express oneself in a dramatic or exaggerated way.
Also especially British, dram·a·tise.
Origin of dramatize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for overdramatize
“I know they stylize and overdramatize some of the fights…but ultimately it comes back to the story,” he says.Spartacus Hero Liam McIntyre’s Unlikely Rise into the Role
January 27, 2012
- (tr) to put into dramatic form
- to express or represent (something) in a dramatic or exaggerated wayhe dramatizes his illness
Word Origin and History for overdramatize
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper