- pertaining to or involving emotion or the emotions.
- subject to or easily affected by emotion: We are an emotional family, given to demonstrations of affection.
- appealing to the emotions: an emotional request for contributions.
- showing or revealing very strong emotions: an emotional scene in a play.
- actuated, effected, or determined by emotion rather than reason: An emotional decision is often a wrong decision.
- governed by emotion: He is in a highly emotional state of mind.
Origin of emotional
Synonyms for emotionalSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for emotional
Related Words for overemotionaltheatrical, weepy, affectionate, mushy, idealistic, nostalgic, dreamy, touching, silly, maudlin, corny, sweet, tender, sappy, passionate, saccharine, syrupy, sentimental, rousing, intense
Examples from the Web for overemotional
Contemporary Examples of overemotional
Overemotional, Jesse watches them from the darkness of his car, then gets out and walks straight up to them, gun in hand.The Daily Beast Staff Picks Their Favorite ‘Breaking Bad’ Moments (VIDEO)
The Daily Beast
September 28, 2013
This is clear a result of the oversharing, overemotional L.A. experience.Five Gays on Project Runway's Demise
November 17, 2009
Historical Examples of overemotional
The third type predisposed to the neurosis of the housewife is the overemotional woman.The Nervous Housewife
- of, characteristic of, or expressive of emotion
- readily or excessively affected by emotion
- appealing to or arousing emotionan emotional piece of music
- caused, determined, or actuated by emotion rather than reasonan emotional argument