- to fly over (a specified area, territory, country, etc.): The plane lost its way and overflew foreign territory.
- to fly farther than or beyond; overshoot.
- to fly over or past instead of making a scheduled stop: to overfly Philadelphia because of bad weather.
- to fly over a particular territory, country, etc.: The plane approached the border but never overflew.
Origin of overfly
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for overfly
- (tr) to fly over (a territory) or past (a point)