- to treat, combine, or enrich with oxygen: to oxygenate the blood.
Origin of oxygenate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for oxygenator
Historical Examples of oxygenator
Sciatica: Leg packs, oxygenator baths, half radium and salt baths, followed by massage.Valere Aude
- an apparatus that oxygenates the blood, esp while a patient is undergoing an operation
oxygenize or oxygenise
- to enrich or be enriched with oxygento oxygenate blood
- To treat, combine, or infuse with oxygen.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- To combine or mix with oxygen, as in a physical, chemical, or biological system. Blood is oxygenated in the lungs.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.