verb (used with object)
BEAT THE DOLDRUMS WITH THIS WORD OF THE DAY QUIZ!
OTHER WORDS FROM paragraph
Words nearby paragraph
Example sentences from the Web for paragraph
Obviously we’re still figuring this out, but I wanted to note it here given the above paragraph.Stocks are selling off again, and SaaS shares are taking the biggest lumps|Alex Wilhelm|September 4, 2020|TechCrunch
Back in July, OpenAI’s latest language model, GPT-3, dazzled with its ability to churn out paragraphs that look as if they could have been written by a human.This know-it-all AI learns by reading the entire web nonstop|Will Heaven|September 4, 2020|MIT Technology Review
Digging through the previous paragraph, we just saw that after 48 hours there was a 25 percent chance of having two worms, a 50 percent chance of having three worms and a 25 percent chance of having four worms.
You can convey something in an instant that would take a paragraph.
Use paragraphs, headings, and signal words to display your content nicely on your webpage, allowing for greater user experience.
It goes on like that for another half a paragraph, but you get the idea.David Mitchell’s ‘The Bone Clocks’ Is Fun But Mostly Empty Calories|William O’Connor|September 14, 2014|DAILY BEAST
If the story fell apart by the first paragraph, it would not save itself by the end.
Fineman enumerates “15 Reasons Why American Politics Has Become An Apocalyptic Mess,” each summarized in just one paragraph.Why Money Is the Root of All That’s Wrong With Washington|Lawrence Lessig|October 21, 2013|DAILY BEAST
And writers seem to get it a lot, the relationship between words and page and phrase and paragraph, or stanza.The Writer and the Potter: Edmund De Waal on his New York Debut|Iain Millar|September 12, 2013|DAILY BEAST
So—most of these stories are vignettes: short shorts, sketches, lightning flashes of fiction that last only a paragraph or two.Intriguing, Humorous, Even Poetic: Peter Orner’s New Story Collection|Joseph Peschel|August 13, 2013|DAILY BEAST
Gimblet read the paragraph twice, and then pushing back his chair walked restlessly about the room.Mrs. Vanderstein's jewels|Mrs. Charles Bryce
I note the second paragraph of your letter, in which you say, "In reply, etc."Self-Determining Haiti|James Weldon Johnson
He pointed to the paragraph beginning, "I have made the mistake which many girls make."Flower of the Dusk|Myrtle Reed
Though the paragraph in question be clumsily expressed, yet it strictly announces its own intentions.
Kate fetched the paper, and pointing to the paragraph, placed it in his hands.Englefield Grange|H. B. Paull
British Dictionary definitions for paragraph
Derived forms of paragraphparagraphic (ˌpærəˈɡræfɪk) or paragraphical, adjectiveparagraphically, adverb
Word Origin for paragraph
Cultural definitions for paragraph
A basic unit of prose. It is usually composed of several sentences that together develop one central idea. The main sentence in a paragraph is called the topic sentence.