- of or relating to Paros, noted for its white marble.
- noting or pertaining to a fine, unglazed porcelain resembling this marble.
- of, relating to, or resembling a native or inhabitant of Paros.
- a native or inhabitant of Paros.
- Parian ware.
Origin of Parian
Examples from the Web for parian
Historical Examples of parian
And her complexion was fairer than Parian marble, than the heads of angels.Within the Tides
This was called the Parian, which is the Mexican word for market-place.The Philippine Islands
She proved to be a priestess, from one of the Parian temples.Darius the Great
She was motionless as a parian statue, she hardly seemed to breathe.In the Roar of the Sea
The capitals and bases of the columns, and on the entablature, are of Parian marble.Ruins of Ancient Cities (Vol. II of II)
- denoting or relating to a fine white marble mined in classical times in Paros
- denoting or relating to a fine biscuit porcelain used mainly for statuary
- of or relating to Paros
- a native or inhabitant of Paros
- Parian marble
- Parian porcelain