- Sir HenryHotspur, 1364–1403, English military and rebel leader.
- Thomas,1729–1811, English poet and antiquary: bishop of Dromore 1782–1811.
- Walker,1916–90, U.S. essayist and novelist.
- a male given name, form of Percival.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for percy
Percy Heath, a merry fellow, specialized in leading the Reverend Professor Doctor astray and had a lot of fun with him.The Stacks: H.L. Mencken on the 1904 Baltimore Fire
October 4, 2014
Thompson was a lower-middle-class businesswoman married to a man named Percy, who had an affair with a young man, Bywaters.Sarah Waters: Queen of the Tortured Lesbian Romance
September 30, 2014
Percy revered Wollstonecraft, and the allure of her legacy heightened his attraction to her daughter.Seduce Like a Writer: How 7 Famous Scribes Wooed
Joni Rendon, Shannon McKenna Schmidt
February 13, 2014
If there was any hope for an epic comeback, Percy Harvin quashed it by taking the second half kickoff to the house.Super Blowout: Seahawks Buck Broncos to Take Home the Championship Title
February 3, 2014
In the end, however, Percy aligns herself with secular readers.Possessed by PTSD, A Veteran Uses Exorcisms to Cast Out His Demons
Brian Van Reet
February 2, 2014
This is not recorded in history: the conqueror of Percy is unknown.A Dish Of Orts
It had been apparent all through that Percy Roden was the only business man of the party.
Indeed, her use of Percy Roden was at an end, and yet she would not let him go.
Percy Roden was gratified, and read the riddle by the light of his own vanity.
Percy Roden was one of those men who have a grudge against the world.
- Sir Henry, known as Harry Hotspur. 1364–1403, English rebel, who was killed leading an army against Henry IV
- Thomas. 1729–1811, English bishop and antiquary. His Reliques of Ancient English Poetry (1765) stimulated the interest of Romantic writers in old English and Scottish ballads
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012