- hidden; concealed; obscured.
- Obsolete. a soldier assigned to a very dangerous mission or position.
Origin of perdu
- Mont [mawn] /mɔ̃/, French name of Monte Perdido.
Related Words for perduimperceptible, microscopic, unseen, veiled, buried, inconspicuous, guarded, screened, masked, obscure, obscured, secreted, enshrouded, shrouded, concealed, covert, deceptive, disguised, ethereal, gaseous
Examples from the Web for perdu
Historical Examples of perdu
The Perdu was but a stone's throw broad, throughout its entire length.
At such times he was more than likely to stray over to the banks of the Perdu.
It would have been hard for Reuben to say just why he found the Perdu so attractive.
He resolved that he would buy property near the Perdu and settle there.
He laughed softly; and just then the blue heron came back to the Perdu.
- obsolete (of a soldier) placed on hazardous sentry duty
- obsolete (of a soldier) placed in a hazardous ambush
- (of a person or thing) hidden or concealed
- obsolete a soldier placed on hazardous sentry duty
- obsolete a soldier placed in a hazardous ambush
Word Origin for perdu
- Mont Perdu the French name for (Monte) Perdido