- to have reference or relation; relate: documents pertaining to the lawsuit.
- to belong or be connected as a part, adjunct, possession, or attribute.
- to belong properly or fittingly; be appropriate.
Origin of pertain
Examples from the Web for pertaining
Contemporary Examples of pertaining
We can't dismiss these human costs as pertaining to only somebody else.Gun Violence Isn't a Racial Problem
January 15, 2013
Historical Examples of pertaining
Pascuense, pertaining to pastures; referring to its habitat.The Mushroom, Edible and Otherwise
M. E. Hard
Apical: at, near or pertaining to the apex; usually of a wing.
Mesal: pertaining to, situated on or in the median plane of the body.
Rostral: pertaining or attached to a rostrum; specifically of Hemiptera.
Of or pertaining to the useful in mechanical arts, or to any science, business, or the like.Carpentry for Boys
J. S. Zerbe
- to have reference, relation, or relevanceissues pertaining to women
- to be appropriatethe product pertains to real user needs
- to belong (to) or be a part (of); be an adjunct, attribute, or accessory (of)