- bringing or bearing disease.
- pernicious; evil.
- Informal. mischievous; troublesome or annoying.
Origin of pestiferous
Related Words for pestiferousbothersome, contagious, diseased, harmful, infectious, noisome, noxious, pernicious, toxic, unhealthy, virulent, pestilential
Examples from the Web for pestiferous
Historical Examples of pestiferous
"You pestiferous gnats insisted on grabbing the ball," he sneered.The Galaxy Primes
Edward Elmer Smith
We need all the people we can get, but they are a pestiferous outfit.
"You are a pestiferous son-in-law," said Warren, as Lyman entered the room.Old Ebenezer
But need one's love for things English include this pestiferous sparrow?Wild Life Near Home
Dallas Lore Sharp
Some species of this genus are pestiferous weeds all over the world.The American Flower Garden Directory
- informal troublesome; irritating
- breeding, carrying, or spreading infectious disease
- corrupting; pernicious
Word Origin for pestiferous
- Producing or breeding infectious disease.
- Infected with or contaminated by an epidemic disease.