- a photographic process of preparing printing plates for letterpress printing.
- a plate so produced.
- a print made from it.
Origin of photoengraving
- to make a photoengraving of.
Origin of photoengrave
Related Words for photoengravingillustration, inscription, etching, lithograph, woodcut, engraving, reproduction, shoot, print, illustrate, reproduce, capture, impression, scratch, cutting, chasing, intaglio, mezzotint, rotogravure, photogravure
Examples from the Web for photoengraving
Historical Examples of photoengraving
Blocks produced by the photoengraving and other mechanical processes.Up To Date Business
There are about 100 men in the city engaged in the different processes of photoengraving.
Other departments of the printing industry are photoengraving, stereotyping, electrotyping, and lithographing.
That was the photoengraving place that you talked about, wasn't it, in your testimony?Warren Commission (1 of 26): Hearings Vol. I (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
- a photomechanical process for producing letterpress printing plates
- a plate made by this process
- a print made from such a plate
- (tr) to reproduce (an illustration) by photoengraving